samedi 10 janvier 2015

Phrasal verbs
A / Fill in the blanks with the appropriate  phrasal verbs from the lists :
  Look up – turn down – hand out – take off – take care – set up
 1-Mrs Baker couldn’t find someone to…………………….of ker grandmother during her absence.
2-Because of the heavy rain, the plane could not…………………………………….
3-In my view, you shouldn’t …………………………such a well-paid job.
    Set up – come back – calm down – look up – fill in – apply for.
4-I need to………………….this application form. I want to …………………a visa  to Canada.I’m going to study management  there  and  hope to…………………….a new business when I ………………………to Morocco.
Look after – put off – stand for – look forward to – bring about – find out.
  5-The  aim of the Family Code  in Morocco is to…………………………changes in the social conditions of women and children.
   6-I……………………….seeing you again next summer.
   7-Have you tried to………………………………how much this mobile phone costs ?
   8-The initials WHO ……………………………..World Health Organization.
Turns down – goes through – calms down – comes back – breaks down
   9-Tim : What does your father do when his car…………………………. ?
   David :  Guess what ? He gets very furious and starts shouting . But soon ………………………..and calls a mechanic.
  Write down – turn up – calm down – go through – fill in.
   10-Samir : Why do you look so confused ?
   Jalal : I really don’t know how to……………………….this  application form.
   Samir : Oh come on ! ………………………….your name first and I’ll help you with the rest.
     Log on – take down – stand for – give up – make up.
11- Ali decided to………………………..smoking when he became a father.
12- I rarely …………………..to social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
   Go out – turn on – find out – break down – show up
13-If Ahmed doesn’t……………………….in five minutes, we’ll call him up.
14-The detectives are still trying to…………………….the person who killed the singer.
    Show up – find out – set off – make up – stand for – go through – take up – catch up.
15-Ali : I will probably…………………….Spanish at the university.
     Jason : Good idea ! You’ll soon………………….that it is easierthan French.
16- Leila : What does UN …………………………………. ?
      Susan :United Nations, I think.
17- I waited for the guests for two hours but they didn’t ………………………………
     Give up – go through – pick up – find out – put up.
18- I need to………………………………why my daughter’s mark are so bad this semester.
19- Did you ………………………………..any Amazigh words during your stay in Tafraout ?
     Set up – write down – grow up – log on – stand for
20- You  can’t ……………………………..to your Facebook account  if you forget your password.
21-Samir  wants to………………………his own import- export  business.
              Make up – put on – set up
22-Our teacher intend to ………………………….a new English club.
               Turn down – agree with – look after.
23- I usually don’t…………………………him on this point.
Look after  - calm down  - call for  - turn up  - look up

24- When you are reading a textt, it isn’t necessary to …………………………….. every new word in the dictionary.
25- Many NGO’s often …………………………….. laws to prtect children from violence.
Went out – came back- put out – found out – brought back
26-Wife : I just ……………………………… that Tommy isn’t taking school seriously.
 Husband : How come ?
Wife : When I ………………………………home from work, the school called to tell me that his grades were below average.
Make up – bring about – go  through –turn down  - keep on
 27- Connecting schools to the internet will certainly ……………………………. Important changes in education.
28- « I will be back in a few minutes. Just …………………………………working. » The teacher said.
Make up – break down – log on – grow up  - turn down
  29- I can’t ……………………………. The invitation. It’s an opportunity for me to meet some important people.
  30- These washing machines are cheap but they quickly ……………………………………
B / Fill in the blanks with the appropriate particle from the list
  Across – up – over – about – for.
1- We couldn’t set…………a new company because our application for a loan was turned down.
2- New technologies have brought………………………big changes in our daily life.


1 commentaire: